Monday, February 14, 2011

The second time

I  remember my personal question from last April after returning from Vietnam.What will my step be to honor Him? And yes, I must return to the same locations to witness and work for Him and them.

April 2010 before landing in Vietnam I was concerned how would I react to the Vietnamese people and the soil I had hated so much, I was really really scared and found it very hard to breathe and it wasn't the hot temperature we would be encountering shortly.
Before bedtime on day one I could feel their love,  the only missing part was me and that didn't take long. I found it wasn't half as hard to love as to hate.
At the beginning of the clinic work I realized that I may return again, never realizing so soon. Why now and not later? I don't understand, so I'll wait on Him for answers. 
 Again, why am I going to Vietnam? One thing for sure, I did sign on with VWAM  this time to be simple, just do it again as we did last April. Well, that isn't what has happened so far.  Each e-mail I receive has a surprise request that I can't do, but with each surprise I answer yes because all things are possible with God.  Being involved with VWAM has created so many opportunities  for me to serve Him. My heart is directed to missions not just in Vietnam but here in this Church, community and everywhere in between, missions is everyday life, everywhere we go and all we do all the time.  As for Vietnam, well, that is where Vietnam and it's people are and God tells us to go minister to them. Us means all of us, and we can all go in  prayer and encouragement joining the winning team.
I do question myself.  Am I for real? Am I who I say I am? Yes God reveals Himself, it isn't me and yes God is real and He is who He said he is.

14 comments:

  1. JC,
    Annabelle and I will be and have been praying for you daily. Your are such, ummm.....a spark for lack of a better word and I feel blessed each and everytime I am around you. Be safe and know there are two girls back home in Ezel that have you and your or should I say His mission in our prayers!
    Wendy and Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. JC
    Myself and Shana will be praying for you and the for the people that God will bring in contact with you. What a blessing it is to call you a friend as well as a brother in Christ. Turning the page God is coloring a new page and Chapter in our lives.
    Roy and Shana

    ReplyDelete
  3. JC
    Praying for you for a safe journey today and I pray that this journey will allow you to bring God into many lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JC,
    Today is the day. The Grace Church family will continue to pray for you and the team. We are excited for you and admire your determination to serve God. You have inspired all the Church to believe and expect big things from God. We know what God originates he also orchestrates. I'm pleased to be your Pastor and friend. In HIS service Pastor Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brother JC,
    You have been an encouragment to us all. We are praying for you here and I have sent a email to the entire campus. So Fear not Brother worry about nothing you have many people lifting your name up to the Most Righteous, prayer answering God.

    "Missions is the overflow of our delight in God because missions is the overflow of God's delight in being God."

    ReplyDelete
  6. dad, i am so proud of you and the courage you have to go to vietnam. we will miss you so much. you be careful over there and come back to us safe and sound. we will be praying for you everyday. i love you and miss you already. call when you can love jennifer and john

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is lonesome already here, but we will survive. I know you will be a blessing to the people of Viet Nam. Spread your love of our awesome "God" and tell the team that we are praying for all of them and the people you all are ministering to. Love you, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have been praying you through the skies! Post as soon as you can. Let me know if you need anything. And just so you know, I "stepped" on Sydney's toes just for you;) Love you my friend! To God be the glory!

    In Christ,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dad,
    Hope you had a good flight and you have arrived safely. We are waiting on you to call with mom, she and the dog miss you. Uncle Darrell got to come home today he is glad to be home but still real weak. Everything else is good. Call when you can.

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are here very long flight couldn't sleep. This P M we walked to the Rex Hotel ate dinner at the roof top resturant didn't return the shorest way. Again very special people on the them, they talk my favorite subject.
    Tomarrow will be special, I plan on shopping for a special little GIRL.
    Nothing planned for P M tomarrow, and Rick Warrens book looks good
    nearing 9:00 pm shower,sleep and start over revived Mr. Chuck also revives us each meeting
    I love and miss all

    In His Protection
    J.C.

    ReplyDelete
  11. JC--As I was driving to work this morning I heard on the radio the song "How great is our God", my thoughts immediately came to you. Hope you had a safe trip. I pray that HIS work has already started over there through you. "Name above all names, worthy of all praise, my heart will sing HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I suppose we can call this day one. It was the first day of team devotion led be Chuck he had an awsom experience to share has God delivered him into this wonderful mission. Also this day God opened the hearts of team members to share how each pearson ended up here on this day, all storys/experiences are the same none of us are here by accident. For some it's their first time returning others have returned many times sill each person shares from deep inside their heart. Very emotional for all. Tomarrow we Fly to Hue central Vietnam THEN Monday, that is were and when it begins so many patients. Again I'm reminded when will I have the oppurnity to step out/in for Him again at present I'm sure He will direct me only if I surrender to obedience then God will be glorified as for me I'm sure I will be a failure, but with Him all is possible I will be last
    HOW GREAT IS OUR GOD ( awsom)
    as always
    IN HIS PROTECTION
    J.C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey J, we missed you in Sunday School yesterday, little quieter without you. You are in our prayers daily. Hope all is going well. Oh and by the way Gary was trying to play that bluegrass CD you gave him but I'm allergic to bluegrass so I told him he would have to listen to that on his way to work! LOL We know God is with you, protecting you and can't wait to hear all your happenings. Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete